A series of images captured with apparent ease on my domestic place, a sort of “photo self-portrait” which reveals, on one hand, the influences that other photographers have on my work - Richard Avedón, Cartier Bresson, August Sanders, Jock Sturges, Catherine Opie, Cecil Beaton, Among others - the artists I read and see; and, on the other hand, aware about my vital place, where I move daily, when I take a nap, when I take a shower, when I open the fridge, read the newspaper or make myself a cup of coffee; simple details without fuss, a routine that the pictures become extraordinary.

Autobiography is also, like in others of my series, a gesture to the art history, specifically the history of photography. The title appears as a tribute to the Sol LeWitt homonymous series, who in an attempt to define himself, captured in a catalog’s way, ordering and classifying, objects and domestic details that surrounded him in his house and studio in downtown New York.

In my case, it is a meta language in which I take Sol LeWitt's strategy to honor him while I refer to other artists, to a media and, evidently, to an attempt to self-definition. Books serve as mirrors, possibly because I am what I see.

WI.